Team Jesus Preachers

Becoming a preacher

DavidII

• Praise Jesus Christ!
    • View Profile
Becoming a preacher
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »
From what I read out of the Bible is, all knowledge comes from God. So my question is, how does one go about becoming a preacher? Is there a good school to attend or on online classes? The thing that worries me the most about school is being indoctrinated with the evil traditions of man. I believe with my whole heart that God came to the earth through Christ, lived a perfect life,died on the cross and was resurrected. Paying the price for my sin. And he will know me by my fruits not from boasting but choosing to follow. when I read the Bible I feel in my heart that we all need to obey God and his commands. And no one that I talk to seems to agree with what I read. And they come up with scriptures to justify their beliefs. But when I read them it seems like they are really trying hard to force the words to say what they want them to say. I know we don't have much time. And my heart hurts for all those that might be lost. And why have we forgotten the only commandment that tells us to remember?

Rick

• Born Again
  • Whom the son sets free is free indeed!
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming a preacher
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:57:18 AM »
  its good to be concerned about seminaries teaching bad doctrine, because that is a very real threat and concern. The scriptures say that God ordains his ministers.

Ephesians 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

If you are wanting more knowledge of the scriptures you would do good to find some born again Christians who can disciple you and teach you. People with superior knowledge, experience and understanding. This is really something to ask God for. I know that I personally asked God to put me in touch with people who please him and a few months later I was with those people.  What area are you located near? Perhaps someone knows some born again believers in your area .... Maybe someone else has some more advice for you.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:25:48 PM by Rick »