Team Jesus Preachers

Women who are ordained?

jayrobles

• Praise Jesus!
    • View Profile
Women who are ordained?
« on: May 03, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
Brethren I have a question, I was thinking about this and we know what the word of God says about women taking a leadership role.

1 Timothy 2:11-14
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Would this also speak to women being ordained?
I'm thinking it's unbiblical for women to be ordained. Am I correct in this?

For instance is it biblical for a woman who is 'ordained' to have authority to marry a couple?

Thank you to those who have any thoughts to contribute on this subject.

God bless
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:26:52 PM by jayrobles »

Rick

• Born Again
  • Whom the son sets free is free indeed!
    • View Profile
Re: Women who are ordained?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
I believe it is a place of authority to marry a man and woman and therefore do not believe it is right for women to do so. The church of today is a rebellious one, and putting women in positions of authority contrary to Gods word, is a perfect example of this statement. Many of these churches that have women in authority also advocate for homosexuality. I would stay far away from such a place, unless you are going there to rebuke them.

p.s. for more scripture regarding womens role in the church, please see 1 Corinthians 14, and Titus 2. You can see a woman using her husbands authority via manipulation in the story of Jezebel. When women want to step into the role of a man this is also the same spirit of homosexuality, where men and women exchange roles, just as it says in ROmans 1.  I believe this passage is so fitting for the sin affirming churches of today, especially those led by women:

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, [/size]19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. [/size]20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, [/size]21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. [/size]22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, [/size]23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
[/size]24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, [/size]25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 [/font]For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. [/size]27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 [/font]And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; [/size]29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 11:33:36 AM by Rick »

jayrobles

• Praise Jesus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »
Thank you brother Rick, I was thinking the same. The spirit behind allowing women to be "ordained" does have a homosexual spirit behind it, as well as a Jezebel spirit.

I do not believe that women should play such a role in the church, as well as in a city clerks office (city hall). Would you agree on that about the "city hall" role?

Rick

• Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »
Thank you brother Rick, I was thinking the same. The spirit behind allowing women to be "ordained" does have a homosexual spirit behind it, as well as a Jezebel spirit.

I do not believe that women should play such a role in the church, as well as in a city clerks office (city hall). Would you agree on that about the "city hall" role?

The bible says women are not to have authority over men in the church. I do not really know much about what a city clerk does so I can not comment.

johnpaul

• Praise Jesus Christ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 02:31:22 AM »

Hello there, I totally agree with you about women being over the church, but as far as city clerk, there is nothing wrong with them being in that position. There was a woman named Lydia who ran a business in Acts; Deborah from Judges was over the Army as for as Judging. There's nothing wrong with women doing these daily jobs, but when it comes to household and church it is a man's role to lead.

Rick

• Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 11:59:24 PM »

Hello there, I totally agree with you about women being over the church, but as far as city clerk, there is nothing wrong with them being in that position. There was a woman named Lydia who ran a business in Acts; Deborah from Judges was over the Army as for as Judging. There's nothing wrong with women doing these daily jobs, but when it comes to household and church it is a man's role to lead.

Deborah is a good point. God does have women serve in the body as well. They should not be disregared simply because of their gender. Women receive the same Holy Spirit the men do and in disregarding them based on gender you risk disregarding something God is trying to work through them. Regarding this 1 John4 says to test the spirits.